The Global Startup Contest “FIA Smart Cities Startup” is launched by Digital Leaders Ventures (DLV) and the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) with support by Enel, Michelin and Julius Baer.
$1 Million Dollar Startup Competition
Digital Leaders Ventures is partnering with the FIA to host a $1,000,000 global startup competition for early stage startups who build a disruptive and scalable business with the potential to change the world. DLV will invest 100,000 USD / Euro in the winning company at each pitch event. We will be hosting a minimum of ten pitch events globally during the three-year partnership, the first three pitch events have been announced already – Mexico City, Berlin and Montreal.
Additionally the finalist companies will get positive PR, get access to the FIA and DLV network during the conference and get invited to the Formula E Raceday.
You can join the FIA DLV Global Startup Contest today. Just send us some more infos about your company here. We are looking for companies with a scalable product, who are coming out of an accelerator program or with previous funding. No regional limitations.
FIA Road Safety
The FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety has been established with the goal to raise new resources and awareness for road safety in response to the global road safety crisis. DLV is supporting the Road Safety 2030 Initiative and the High Level Panel lead by Mr. Jean Todt to make change happen. We believe that the Global Startup Contest can accelerate innovation and make our roads safer.
FIA Smart Cities
FIA Smart Cities was launched to encourage the relevant stakeholders to address the pressing concerns of urbanisation, such as pollution, congestion and road safety hazards. The Global Startup Contest is one pillar of the FIA Smart Cities Initiative and is calling all Entrepreneurs to find solutions to turn our current cities into smart cities.
FIA Formula E
The FIA Formula E platform provides a unique arena for the Global Startup Contest along with the FIA’s expertise in its complimentary pillars of Mobility and Sport. This urban-focused fully electric championship is hosted in city centres around the world, one of the objectives being to promote interest in sustainable motoring and showcase the use of innovative clean technologies. We will be hosting the Contest, including the jury workshop and the presentation of the finalists at the Formula E hospitality area – right next to the race track.
Digital Leaders Ventures
Digital Leaders Ventures is a Venture Capital Fund headquartered in Luxembourg. DLV invests in some of the most promising tech-companies globally. We are looking for companies who are coming out of an accelerator program or with previous angel funding, a working product and a international scalable business model.
At the Global Startup Contest we are focusing on
- – Industrial Internet of Things,
- – Autonomous Driving and eMobility
- – Hardware and Smart Infrastructure
- – Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- – And Sharing Economy and Digital Services
We look for Startups with a strong founder team, a working product, a highly scalable business, who are coming out of an accelerator programs or with previous angel funding.
We will review all applications and we will select 10 Startups who will be invited to our quarterly pitch days. Our jury will then select three Startups Finalists who will present to a larger audience and one winner who will receive a signed term sheet right away.
As a Startup you will get
- FIRST A minimum of 100.000 USD in Funding at fair and transparent terms
- SECOND Access to the network of the FIA, DLV and our partners
- THIRD Positive Awareness and Media coverage
- …. and a special invitation to a Formula E Race
We are often working with simple equity investment agreements or this standard Y-Combinator SAFE agreement, all publicly available to download and review. SAFE is short for Simple Agreement For Future Equity. More infos can be found here.
- – Monty C. M. Metzger, Founding Partner at Digital Leaders Ventures
- – Danil Kerimi, Head of Technology Industries at World Economic Forum
- – Katarina Metzger, Chairwoman at Digital Leaders
- – Representative, Manager at FIA
- – Representative, Manager at Julius Baer
- – Representative, Manager at ENEL
- – Representative, Manager at Michelin
Timing for next Pitch Day in Mexico City
We are not limited to any location or region. As long as you can join us in Mexico, you should join and send us more information about your company.
- – PITCH DAY on March 30th, 2017: Full-day Jury Workshop. This is where the top 10 Startup will have 30 Minutes each to present their company.
- – CONFERENCE DAY on March 31st, 2017: the top 3 Startups will be showcasing their companies during the FIA Smart Cities Conference with high-level participants, held at the Formula E Event Facilities. Furthermore we will announce our Winning Startup – the FIA Smart Cities Startup 2017.
- – RACE DAY on April 1st, 2017: Attend the Formula E Race as a special guest and network with key partners.
You can join the FIA DLV Global Startup Contest today. Just send us some more infos about your company (here).